Hi, my honeys! In honor of Earth Day, I wanted to share you with some of my favorite sustainable products I’ve been using lately! It’s crazy to see photos of a smog-less LA and realize just what an impact humans have on the environment. I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, but if all of us made some small changes, we could truly see a big difference! I’ve teamed up with Zefiro Waste, a sustainable products company out of my hometown in Chicago, to bring you some Earth-friendly favs! Below are some of my favorite sustainable products! You can tap on the images to shop!
1) Bamboo and Sisal Scrubbers - Why? Because these replace the use of plastic handled kitchen sponges, and we all know plastic is one of our main ecological problems! I use these little scrubbers everyday in my kitchen and bathroom! The first one I use on my non-stick Caraway Home pots and pans. The handle is made from sustainable bamboo and this brush has soft, plant-based sisal bristles that won’t scratch my cookware!
The second one is great for scrubbing my cast iron skillet, countertops, and my sink in the bathroom! The handle is made from sustainable bamboo and this brush has stiff, plant based sisal bristles. This brush is ideal for for baked on food from hard surfaces like my electric oven cooktop!
2) Kitchen Brush Set - I feel like these would make a great starter set for you or maybe even a good Mother’s Day gift! You get a set of 4 sustainable bamboo and sisal cleaning brushes! This set includes one pot brush, one scrubber, one all purpose brush and one bottle brush. These are great to store in a kitchen cabinet for a litany of uses! You get all four pieces for just $25 with this set!
3) Charcoal Makeup Remover Pads - Why? Because not only does single use cotton rounds produce a lot of waste, but it also takes about 5,000 liters of water to grow 1lb of cotton! That’s insane! These makeup remover pads are machine washable, reusable, and their dark color means you won’t see any makeup stains! You get 7 in a pack of these for only $10!
4) Kitchen Loofah Sponges - Why? becsize most kitchen sponges are made with plastics and will be in landfills forever, whereas these are fully compostable! This natural kitchen sponge is made from 100% loofah and sewn with 100% cotton thread! Just soak it in water for a few minutes, watch it expand, use on all your dishes if you prefer a sponge, and then rinse and hang to dry!
5) Silicone Kitchen Wraps - Why? because Americans use 100 billion plastic bags a year, which requires 12 million barrels of oil to manufacture. Replace your plastic wrap with this set of 4 ($10) silicone kitchen wraps. It will take a couple tries to see how these work in person, but I’m telling you, these are so genius! To use them: ensure the surface of your dish/container is dry, place the wrap smooth side down, stretch and cling to the edge of the dish/container. These wraps are microwave and dishwasher safe and can be used in the oven up to 375 F. *Before using in the microwave, peel one corner up to allow air circulation. If you’re like me, you always have leftovers, so these will reusable food covers will save you so much plastic!
6) Spa Day Fav Bamboo Brushes - Why? Because many loofahs and body brushes are made from plastics! Replace them with these cute, luxurious products! Any of these would make a great Mother’s Day gift, or grab all of them to make a nice set! First up it’s this extra long reach dry/wet body brush! This brush is great for exfoliating those hard to reach spots on your body, and dry brushing has a ton of health benefits including increased circulation! I don’t take a bath or shower without using this!
Next up is the round smaller dry brush that I love for deep exfoliation and increased circulation! I use this one total dry before a shower, and I use sweeping motions toward the heart. It feels like the best scratch your skin has ever had haha! This one is a bit more abrasive than the long brush, so only gentle strokes are needed to remove dry skin and help with blood flow! It’s incredibly relaxing to use!
Then, you have a face brush version that is so amazing to exfoliate with! This little guy helps me remove dry skin cells and build up from the Winter and gives my skin a beautiful glow! I use it wet with my favorite face wash!
And lastly, I adore this nail brush! It’s great for keeping my nails clean and polished, and it feels great to use!
7) Wool Dryer Balls - Why? Because many dryer sheets contain chemicals that react with the air to create formaldehyde, a probable human carcinogen. Other common dryer sheet pollutants include acetaldehyde and benzene, that are not considered safe at any level. I add drops of lavender essential oils to a spray bottle with water and spray these after every use to maintain a lovely scent, and I use all 6 dryer balls in the dryer every time I dry my clothes! These really help speed up the drying process too, which conserves energy!
I hope you enjoy these products as much as we do, and I appreciate you shopping my links as always! I’ve also included some additional sustainable favs from other companies below for your perusal! Thanks for reading, y’all, and Happy Earth Day!