Hi, my honeys! If you know anything about me, it's that I'm super into skincare. Honestly, I kind of have to be because I have acne prone, problem skin. I have struggled with adult acne for years, and I finally have found some ways to keep those pimples at bay! Sure, I'll get the occasional breakouts around my mouth around that fun time of the month, but for the most part my skin is in such better shape than it used to be. I chalk it up to drinking lots of water, seeing a dermatologist at least once a year to discuss and concerns and renew any prescription creams, and a great skincare routine!
The most important thing about any skincare routine is that it is in face a ROUTINE! Ya gotta be consistent to see any positive results! Also, I try to mix in more affordable products when I can, but I consider clear skin an investment, so I do buy some high end skincare items as well. I don't think you need to spend a fortune to have good skin, but some of the higher end skincare products are totally worth the money when they do the thing they claim to do.
Below is my updated skincare routine, broken down by time of day and weekly treatments as well! I am not saying you have to use all these products or do all these things for your skin; this is just what works for me, and you can take from it what you want! I do stand by the efficacy of all the products listed below and welcome you to try any of them for yourself! This blog post is sponsored by Swisspers Cotton products! They're now on Amazon, and you can use my code 10PeonyHoney to save 10% off your purchase of the following Swisspers products on Amazon:
You can also enter to win a box of beauty goodies from Swisspers on my Instagram page! I’m giving away 10 of these boxes, so make sure to enter before it ends Sunday, 6/17/19 at 8pm Eastern!
1) I wash my face with Glow Recipe Blueberry Cleanser for at least a minute, rubbing the cleanser and water in circular motions to achieve a foaming action. Then, I rinse with warm, not too hot water.
2) Then, I tone my skin with my favorite Son and Park toner using one of my Swisspers cotton rounds. Toner is great for restoring the ph balance of your skin, calming your skin, and removing any last bits of dirt or makeup left behind after your cleanser.
3) The next step is to apply my lighter serums. I apply a peptide serum from The Ordinary, either the Buffet serum or the Matrixyl. Then, I'll apply my Volition Strawberry-C serum. I highly recommend a Vitamin-C serum to anyone looking to even their skin tone and achieve glowy skin! I also apply my Clinique Laser Focus eye cream. After applying these serums, I use my rose quartz roller to massage my facial muscles and help the serums seep further down into the skin.
4) After allowing those serums to seep into the skin for a couple minutes, I then apply a moisturizer. I've been using the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer which helps to soften the skin and gives a nice glow, but I've been trying out a new all-natural serum from Barecat. Their daily facial serum Gold Edition is extremely hydrating. It's only been a few days of using it, and I'm already obsessed! It helps to even skin tone, promote hydration, and it has made my redness go down so significantly with it's calming properties!
5) After my moisturizer, I'll spray my face with a face mist like the Glow Recipe Watermelon one, and then I'll either go about my day or apply a primer if I'm putting on makeup.
1) I wash my face with Glow Recipe Blueberry Cleanser for at least a minute, rubbing the
cleanser and water in circular motions to achieve a foaming action. Then, I rinse with warm, not too hot water.
3) The next step is to apply my lighter serums. I apply a peptide serum from The Ordinary, either the Buffet serum or the Matrixyl. Then, I'll apply my Volition Strawberry-C serum. I also apply my Clinique Laser Focus eye cream and my Niacinimide serum from The Ordinary which helps with blemishes. To spot treat active pimples, I'll use The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid treatment. To apply to just the blemishes, I use Swisspers Leopard Cotton Swabs!
4) I'll apply a Retinoid serum from The Ordinary. I highly recommend a retinoid serum for anyone with acne-prone skin! It helps to unclog pores and prevent dead skin cells from clogging my pores. At this time, I will also apply any medicated creams from my dermatologist. I'm currently using the prescription cream Onexton, which is a high strength benzoyl peroxide treatment for acne. After applying these serums, I use my rose quartz roller to massage my facial muscles and help the serums seep further down into the skin.
5) Lastly, I'll moisturize my skin with either the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer or my new Barecat Gold Edition Daily Facial Serum. Then it's off to bed on a clean pillowcase! Do yourself a favor and buy extra pillowcases, so you don't sleep on dirty ones!
- 2 to 3 times a week, I replace my evening moisturizing for either the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, Glow Recipe Avocado Sleeping Mask, or the Laniege Water Sleeping Mask for extra hydration.
- Once a week I'll exfoliate my skin with either The Ordinary Lactic Acid Serum or The Ordinary AHA Peel. They provide similar results, but the lactic acid does not need to be washed off and the AHA does.
- Store your serums and masks in a mini fridge to lengthen the shelf life of your skincare products and sustain potency. It also feels really great to apply cold serums to the skin.
- Keep some of my favorite Swisspers fragrance-free makeup wipes in your nightstand. Should you get too tired to remove your makeup at the end of a long day by washing and toning your face, the next best thing is a makeup wipe! You'll thank me later!
- Consistency. Try to maintain your skincare routine daily to see if your products are truly working for you or if you need to make an adjustment.
- If you notice your skin is red or sensitive to certain treatments, cut back to applying those treatments to every other day or twice a week until your skin adjusts to the treatment.
- Buy a bulk pack of facial washcloths, so you don't have to do laundry as often and have clean facial towels ready to go. I only use each washcloth twice, once per side.