Hi, my honeys! There’s nothing I love more than finding great low-carb substitutes! I have been really dreading the holidays this year because I truly have to stick to my low-carb diet to have a chance at feeling well due to my medical condition. It’s been weighing heavily on me that I won’t get to eat a giant pile of mashed potatoes or indulge in my mom’s homemade puppy chow dessert...so I decided to channel my frustration into finding great tasting recipes that completely fill the void.
And wouldn’t ya know it, I have found one! This low-carb Berry Cobbler with Spiced Whipped Cream isn‘t just a good substitute for a holiday dessert, it’ll make you forget about the fact that you don’t get to eat the good stuff! It’s that delicious! It's worth noting that I tried four different recipes before I concocted the perfect crumble to top the berries. Many recipes I found online called for coconut flour, but the recipes either came out too dry or too mushy. I trusted my gut and made a crumble that I felt would be the perfect texture and taste for the cobbler. I am completely confident in the success of this recipe. The fact that it’s served hot out of the oven and the cinnamon in the whipped cream really make this dessert taste like comfort food! Happy Holidays, and I truly hope you enjoy this dessert!
- 2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Nuts (walnuts)
- 1 TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter (melted)
- 4 TBSP Swerve Granulated (or to taste)
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 2 TBSP Swerve granulated
- 3/4 TSP Xantham gum
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Mix crumble ingredients together in a bowl.
3) Mix berries, Swerve, and Xantham gum in separate bowl.
4) Pour the berries into the bottom of your baking dish.
5) Sprinkle the crumble on top and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crumble is browned.
6) Serve hot with whipped cream mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon on top!
Pro tip: Make your own spiced whipped cream by adding a small carton of heavy cream, 1 TBSP Swerve Granulated, and 1 TSP of cinnamon to your Vitamix Aer container and blend at power level nine for 45 seconds!