Hi, my honeys! With Valentine’s Day coming up here in a couple weeks, I thought it would be fun to put together a little charcuterie board that you can serve for whatever V-day festivities you have going on! I’ve seen lots of beautiful, amazing, and massive cheese boards in my day, but I wanted to create something that looks beautiful and is also palatable for lots of people, even kids. Sure, I like cranberry covered goat cheese and jalapeño jam, but this time I’m keeping it simple and cute. Also, I threw in sweets because it’s Valentine’s Day after all! FYI, I purchased everything from Target and linked it all in case you want to do an order pick up! Keep reading for all the deets on creating this adorable heart-shaped charcuterie board!
- Coupe style glass or small dish
Other ideas for food:
- Red grapes
- Red apples
- Babybel cheese minis
- Pomegranate seeds
1) Take the lid off your heart box, and place it on a flat surface, ideally where you’ll be serving it.
2) Wash, cut, them add your fruits to different edges of the heart in small piles.
3) Slice your cheeses and add them next to your fruits.
4) Place your coupe glass somewhere in the center and add your pink heart marshmallows. This will give your board some dimension and put a focus on the heart!
5) Use toothpicks to hold your salami in place. I have one area of salami that is single folded in half, and another section where I folded the salami into quarters and threaded them onto the toothpicks for a rose-like effect. Place one to three toothpicks full of salami at opposite ends of the heart.
6) Unwrap your chocolates, and place the two different kids at opposite ends of the heart.
7) Fill the rest of your heart with piles of pecans in any empty spaces.
For Galentine’s Day:
Serve with a bottle of rosé in a bucket of ice with some cute glasses next to it and festive napkins. This could make a killer brunch platter, too, if that’s what you’re hosting or attending.
For a kids party:
Serve with a large bowl of non-alcoholic sherbet punch! (Combine 1/2 gallon strawberry sherbet, One 2-L bottle of Sprite or 7-Up, and 4 cups of pineapple juice. Garnish with strawberries!)
For your sweetie:
Make it a cozy movie night-in, with lots of blankets and pillows on the floor and a bottle of your favorite wine or bubbles.
I hope y’all like this charcuterie board, and I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! It can be an important holiday to remind the people in your life how much they mean to you, and it’s also an excuse to eat some good food and candy! Love y’all, and let me know if you’d like to see more food content or charcuterie boards in particular!