Hi, my honeys! This next recipe is BAE GOALS! Okay, I'll stop being a nerd and just tell you how great these chewy keto bagels are! You can toast them, make a sandwich out of them, or eat them right out of the oven with some cream cheese because you're impatient like me! The replication of the chewy texture of regular bagels is honestly the most impressive part of this recipe. This is the most bread-like keto baked item I've tried, and it's so good that I'm thinking of using this dough as pizza crust. They call this type of dough, "fathead" dough, and it truly reminds me of real bread. AMEN! Did I mention there's only 5 ingredients, and it only takes about 20-25 minutes to make them? Yasss keto queen! LOL, seriously though I hope you enjoy this recipe, and it satisfies your carb cravings like it does for me!
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Tsp Xantham Gum
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (Optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In your mixer, add the almond flour, eggs, and xantham gum, and mix until combined.
2) In a small pan or in the microwave, heat the mozzarella and cream cheeses until fully melted. Don't burn the cheese, but make sure it's fully melted.
3) Add the cheese mix to your mixer and combine everything fully.
4) Here's the sticky part: Add a glob of dough at a time to a non-stick pan or silicone sheet. Wet your fingers so it's easier to manipulate the sticky dough into logs. Sorry it's so sticky, but it's worth it! Take both ends of the logs and attach them, making a donut shape. Smoothe the dough out on top by gently pressing with your fingers. You can also use a donut pan for this, and just add your dough to a ziploc bag and pipe the dough into the donut forms. Sprinkle your Everything Bagel seasoning on top, and put into the oven. This should make about 5 small bagels or three large ones.
5) Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the top of our bagels start to brown. Enjoy your bagels sliced in half and toasted with cream cheese on top, make a bagel sandwich, or eat them plain!