Hi, my honeys! Y’all know the holidays are the hardest for sticking to any kind of diet! Trust me, I’m really feeling the desire to eat everything bad for me right about now! However, I’m really proud of myself for not overindulging and cheating too much. I attribute that to making healthy recipes that don't taste like health food! Example A: this garlic cauliflower mash that staves off the mashed potatoes craving! It’s low carb, keto friendly, and just plain yummy! My parents recently tried it, and they said they liked it even better than the traditional mashed potatoes on the table...so that's a huge win! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh chives
1) Place frozen cauliflower rice in a large sauce pan on medium high heat on the stove.
2) Cook until soft (approx. 10 minutes)
3) Add butter and half the cream to your blender.
4) Place cooked cauliflower in your Vitamix blender or similar device.
4) Blend on low at first and increase speed gradually adding more cream until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
5) Add in your salt, peppercorns, and garlic and blend until combined.
6) Chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve, and heat up on stove or in microwave. Serve with chopped chives on top.
7) Pro tip: If you want to disguise the cauliflower taste, try adding some truffle olive oil in the blender when you add your butter!