Hi, my honeys! 'Tis the season for lots of food, and most of it is pretty dang unhealthy! I love a cheat meal as much as anyone, but for health reasons, it's important for me to stay mostly on track with my lower carb diet! I figured, I can't be the only one who is trying to eat a little smarter around the holidays, so I'm sharing two healthier holiday recipes with y'all today sponsored by Samsung Home Appliances and featuring our new Samsung Tuscan Stainless Steel Slide-In Electric Range and Over-the-Range Microwave! Keep on reading for a healthier dessert recipe and savory dish!
First, let's make my family favorite, mashed cauliflower! I swear it tastes so good you won't miss really mashed potatoes, and you're saving on carbs too! The trick to getting your mashed cauliflower as creamy as mashed potatoes is cream cheese! I love using our Samsung Tuscan Stainless Steel electric range, because I can make this recipe on the cooktop while making other dishes at the same time with its five burners! Check out the recipe below, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1 bag frozen or fresh cauliflower rice
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Truffle oil (if desired)
1) Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
2) Add cauliflower rice and cook until tender, 10 minutes.
3) Drain the rice well.
4) Add your 1/3 cup of milk to your Vitamix, food processor, or other blender. Then, add your 5) cooked cauliflower on top of the milk. Blend on medium until smoothe.
6) Add in your cream cheese and additional milk if needed for consistency.
7) Add your salt and pepper and keep mixing in blender until it's perfectly smooth.
8) Add in a drizzle of truffle oil if desired as it's mixing.
9) Serve right away.
Next up is a family favorite! I must've tweaked this recipe about 20 times before I got it exactly right, and let me tell you it is just that, exactly right! The texture is amazing, just like a normal chocolate chip cookie, and it tastes about as decadent as you can get on a lower carb diet! This recipe has been taste tested and approved by so many of my friends and family! I love that our Samsung Tuscan Stainless Steel range preheats so quickly because the prep time on this is very minimal! I mean, who wants to wait forever for your oven to preheat--you just want to put the cookies into your face hole as soon as humanly possible! LOL! The window on the oven is quite wide, too, so I can stalk my cookies to make sure I pop them out of there at the exact right time! I also love the hidden side handle and fingerprint resistant finish on our Samsung over-the-range microwave, too, because it allows for minimal fingerprints and cleaning!
The Best Lower Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xantham gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve brown Sugar Alternative or Coconut Sugar for Paleo
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Lilly’s low carb chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees. melt butter and pour into mixing bowl.
2) add Swerve brown sugar alternative and mix until combined.
3) add the egg and vanilla and continuing mixing.
4) add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xantham gum and continue mixing until completely combined.
5) gently fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
6) roll into ball and place on parchment paper and push down slightly.
7) cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the top of the cookie barely starts to brown.
8) let cool before eating or burn your mouth - up to you! Lol
These recipes are so delicious and so easy to make! I hope you enjoy them, and if you make either of these recipes, please send me pics to my Instagram DM's! I'd love to see your mashed cauliflower and cookies! Thank you so much to Samsung Home Appliances for partnering with me on this post! We have just been so impressed with how our Samsung appliances perform, and we love how modern and sleek they look. I love that Samsung is not only coming out with new technological innovations on their appliances, but they also understand that we want our appliances to look pretty too! I'm always looking for smart home features while maintaining the aesthetic look to my home, and our Samsung Tuscan Stainless Steel appliances are the perfect marriage of technology and design! Thanks for reading, and Happy Holidays to you all!